Dishwashers have come a long way in the past few years. Not only do they come in different sizes and styles to fit any kitchen, but they also come with a variety of features.
Depending on your needs, you can find a dishwasher that not only cleans your dishes but also dries them and folds them away for you – perfect for tiny apartments or busy families! Check out our list of the best stainless steel dishwashers to find the right one for you.
Verona VEDW24TSS 24 Inch Built In Dishwasher Touch Control 6 Wash Cycles 16 Place Settings, Stainless SteelView on Amazon
Frigidaire FGID2479SF 24" Energy Star Fully Integrated Built-In Dishwasher with 14 Place Settings 7 Wash Cycles Cycle Complete LED Floor Beam Indicator and EvenDry Drying System in Stainless SteelView on Amazon
- BrandThor Kitchen
hOmeLabs 18 Inch Wide Built-In Dishwasher with Stainless Steel Front Door - Energy Star Rated with 6 Wash Cycles and 9 Place Settings - Easy-To-Use Control Panel with LED DisplayView on Amazon
Kalamera Built in Dishwasher, 24 inch Dishwacher with 14 Place Settings, 6 Wash Cycles and 4 Temperature Option, Energy Save with Low Water Consumption and Quiet Operation - Stainless SteelView on Amazon
SD-6502W: Energy Star 24″ Built-In Stainless Steel Tall Tub Dishwasher w/Smart Wash System & Heated Drying – WhiteView on Amazon
COSMO COS-DIS6502 24 in. Top Control Built-In Tall Tub Dishwasher, Fingerprint Resistant, Low Noise 45dB in Stainless SteelView on Amazon
Last update on 2022-07-02 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Pros and cons of stainless steel dishwashers
When talking about dishwashers, many people automatically think of the standard, white, plastic dishwasher. However, there is another option that has been growing in popularity in recent years: stainless steel dishwashers. Stainless steel dishwashers have a number of advantages and disadvantages that should be considered before making a purchase.
One of the biggest advantages of a stainless steel dishwashers is that they are more durable than their plastic counterparts. Stainless steel dishwashers can withstand high temperatures and will not warp or melt as plastic dishwashers can. In addition, stainless steel dishwashers do not show scratches as easily as plastic dishwashers, so they will maintain their good looks for longer.
However, there are also some disadvantages to stainless steel dishwashers. One is that they are more expensive than plastic dishwashers. Another is that they can be difficult to keep clean. Stainless steel dishwashers can show water spots and fingerprints more easily than plastic dishwashers, so they may require more cleaning.
When deciding whether or not to purchase a stainless steel dishwasher, it is important to weigh the advantages and disadvantages carefully. Consider your needs and budget to decide if a stainless steel dishwasher is right for you.
10 things to look for when buying stainless steel dishwashers
If you want to bring home the best stainless steel dishwasher, here are 10 things that you should look for:
1. Size and capacity. One of the first things you need to consider is the size of the dishwasher. How much space do you have in your kitchen? Do you have a big family or entertain often? Depending on your needs, you'll want to make sure you get a dishwasher that can accommodate both your space and your needs.
2. Price. Another important factor to consider is price. Stainless steel dishwashers can range in price from around $500 to $1,500 or more. It's important to find one that fits your budget but also has the features you want and need.
3. Features. When it comes to dishwashers, there are a variety of features to choose from. Some of the most popular include:
- Delay start: This allows you to delay the wash cycle so it starts at a later time.
- Sanitize cycle: This uses high temperatures to kill bacteria and germs.
- Auto load sensing: This conserves water by only using the amount needed for each load.
4. Place settings. Another thing to consider is how many place settings the dishwasher can accommodate. If you have a large family or entertain often, you'll want one that can accommodate 12 place settings or more.
5. Water usage. One important factor to consider when choosing any appliance is water usage. With dishwashers, you'll want to look for one that is water efficient. This will help save you money on your water bill each month.
6. Energy usage. Another factor to consider is energy usage. Look for a dishwasher that has an Energy Star rating. This means it meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the government.
7. Noise level. If you have an open floor plan or live in a small apartment, the noise level may be something you want to consider. Some dishwashers can be quite loud, so if noise is a concern, look for one that has a low noise level.
8. Warranty. When making any major purchase, it's always important to consider the warranty. Most stainless steel dishwashers come with a one-year warranty. However, some brands may offer a longer warranty.
9. Reviews. Before making any purchase, it's always a good idea to read reviews. This will help you get an idea of what others think of the dishwasher you're considering.
10. Service and support. If you have any problems with your dishwasher, it's important to know that you can count on service and support from the manufacturer. Make sure the brand you choose offers good customer service and has a reputation for standing behind its products.
When it comes to choosing a stainless steel dishwasher, there are a variety of factors to consider. By keeping these 10 things in mind, you'll be sure to find the perfect one for your home.
Is it better to have stainless steel or plastic tub dishwasher?
Generally speaking, stainless steel dishwashers are more durable and have a longer lifespan than plastic tub dishwashers. Stainless steel is also less susceptible to staining and discoloration than plastic, so your dishwasher will always look clean and new. However, stainless steel dishwashers are typically more expensive than plastic tub dishwashers. If you're on a budget, a plastic tub dishwasher may be a better option for you.
What should you not put in a dishwasher?
There are a few items that you should not put in a dishwasher, as they can either be damaged by the water and heat or could potentially damage the dishwasher itself. These items include:
- Sharp knives: The dishwasher's cycle can dull your blades, so it's best to hand-wash them instead.
- Nonstick cookware: The chemicals in nonstick coatings can break down in the dishwasher's harsh environment, making the cookware less effective and possibly releasing harmful toxins into your food.
- Cast iron pans: These pans should never be washed with soap, as they will strip away the seasoning that protects the pan from rust. Instead, simply wipe them out with a paper towel after use.
- Crystal: The dishwasher's heat and detergent can cause crystal glasses and dishes to lose their luster. It's best to hand-wash these delicate items.
In general, it's always best to check the manufacturer's instructions before putting any item in the dishwasher, as there may be specific care instructions that need to be followed.
How long will a stainless steel dishwasher last?
If you take proper care of your stainless steel dishwasher, it can last for many years. However, there are a few things that can shorten its lifespan, such as not cleaning it regularly or using harsh cleaning products. Over time, any dishwasher will succumb to wear and tear, so it's important to perform regular maintenance to keep it running smoothly. With a little bit of care, your stainless steel dishwasher can provide you with years of trouble-free service.
The best stainless steel dishwashers can do a great job of cleaning your dishes, and they're also durable and built to last. When shopping for a stainless steel dishwasher, be sure to keep these 10 things in mind to find the perfect one for your home.